Saturday, September 22, 2007

Dream of a Crow/Raven

Last night I dreamt a crow or raven landed on my shoulder. I say crow or raven because it was as big as a raven but looked more like a crow. I was in some suburban house with other people, it was cloudy outside, maybe early evening, and the bird landed with its claws on my shoulders and its head above mine, sort of like ...



(That's a falcon. Horus, to be exact, resting upon Khafre. But you get the idea.)

Its claws were light and delicate, like a chickadee's. I said, "This bird is trying to tell me something," and I went into a meditative state, listening. Sadly, I received no message. Then the bird flew, manically, all around the room.

Interpretations . . . ?

2 Comments:

Blogger Annandale Dream Gazette said...

Hi Sharon -- no interpretations here, but I'd love to include this dream at the Annandale Dream Gazette www.annandaledreamgazetteonline.blogspot.com.

Would that be okay?

2:42 PM  
Blogger theknickerbocker said...

Dream imagery tends to be individually specific. Anyone else generalizing about the meaning of someone else’s dream without knowledge of or contact with them is dangerously prone to error. However, the black bird, neither crow or raven, raises its head above your head. Its claws were not unpleasant. It does not seem to want to harm you. I assume you do not feel it is malevolent. A dark bird is also the harbinger of light and represents duality/metaphor such as life and death, light and darkness. You feel it is trying to tell you something. But how? You listen as if needing it to communicate in words but it is itself a symbol and message as well as the carrier of one. Twilight in a suburban house. Others around you. The emphasis appears to be away from them...but wait...they don't appear to be listening or reacting. The bird is agitated. How? It flies around the room. It passes above their heads. It passes above your head? The bird suggests its message may represent the feeling involved in something you are worried about and/or cannot articulate as fully as you would like. Have you had a physical examination recently? Are you worried about someone’s health? Your need to communicate with it suggests a question or feeling that is as of yet unresolved. Father Jung: blast me into phenomenological monads! I seem to be reaching for my own kind of meaning rather than yours. My suggestion is that you note what else is going on in your life. It may be the answer to a poem working itself out through you.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home