Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Michael Gizzi 1949-2010




Such sad news just now: poet and editor Michael Gizzi has passed away.

Not sure of the circumstances.

Michael was the editor of my first poetry collection, Half Angel, Half Lunch. He was my first editor, and were it not for him I don't know if I would've had a first book -- I'd been sending that thing out for eleven years, and even Hanging Loose, the press that pub'd three of my subsequent books, rejected it! I'll never forget the phone message he left when he told me Hard Press would take it on. And it was my privilege to introduce him when he read at KGB last summer. It was my privilege to know him.

Goddess bless you, Michael, and thank you once again.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you define any further the formica samples ? I am still in vague about the topic though.

5:18 PM  
Blogger AOS Products said...

Can you share some more lived pix, although your post looking true, Great job

1:41 AM  
Blogger AOS Products said...

We are worldwide Manufacturer of Essential oils, all that are helpful for making strong and healthy your everyday for present and future, for example Moringa oil: www.moringaoil.in
Menthol Crystal as per IP, BP, USP: www.mentholcrystals.co.in
Cardamom Oil: www.cardamomoil.in Thanks for visits us

1:42 AM  
Blogger 三重古天樂 said...

好吃.好吃美食.小吃.美食.咖啡.咖啡豆.烘焙咖啡.餐廳.主題餐廳.基隆好吃.基隆餐廳.基隆美食餐廳.基隆餐廳推薦.基隆早午餐.蛤蜊義大利麵.基隆美式餐廳.基隆特色餐廳
基隆餐廳

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home